The Wavlink Wi-Fi Extender allows you to extend your wireless network. If you own a Wavlink WiFi extender, then there are certain things that can help you get the best out of your device. This includes basic information like how to set up your device, how to resolve connection errors, and so on. Read on to learn these and more.
Steps to Setup Your New Extender
Plug the extender into a wall outlet close to your router. It is best to plug in your Wavlink WiFi Extender as far away from other wireless signals like cell phones, Bluetooth devices, and microwaves as possible. Keep in mind that this also means keeping it at least 10 feet away from the router itself (if you have one).
Connect your Wavlink Wi-Fi Extender to your home network using an Ethernet cable and connect it to your router, modem or computer via the LAN port.
- Connect your computer to one of the four Ethernet ports on the Extender.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your computer to one of the four Ethernet ports on the Extender.
- Open a web browser on your computer and type wavlink.com in the address bar for access to the setup wizard for your Extender (192.168.1.250).
- Enter the password as “admin” or “1234” if it is not already changed,
- Then, click the continue button to proceed with the setup process.
- Click the Launch button to begin setup.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and choose either Extend or Create New network.
- Select Extend a wireless network.
- Enter the SSID name and password of the wireless network you want to extend.
- Click Connect to extend your current Wavlink Wi-Fi Extender.
Once you’ve done the above steps, connect your devices to the new Wavlink Wi-Fi network. The SSID and password are printed above on the device. When it’s ready, enjoy!
Solutions For Connection Troubles
If you’re having trouble connecting to your WiFi extender, try these solutions:
Connect wirelessly. If you’re using a Wavlink WiFi extender and can’t connect to it, try connecting to it wirelessly. If that doesn’t work, try reconnecting with an Ethernet cable (and vice versa).
Reset the extender. You may need to reset your Wavlink WiFi range extender if it has been unplugged or powered off for an extended amount of time. Here’s how: Turn off power at the outlet where the range extender is plugged in; unplug it from the power source if necessary.
Press and hold down both buttons on the back of the unit until they light up blue (about 1 minute. Then release both buttons after they light up blue, and wait 10 seconds before pressing another button. Use the same sequence as the above steps except pressing one button instead.
How to Change The Password?
Changing the password on your router or extender can be a little tricky, so here are some tips:
- Make sure you know what the current password is. You can find this information in your user manual or by searching “[your wifi device name] reset password” online.
- When prompted, enter the new password twice to confirm it’s correct. If you’re worried about forgetting this info later on, consider writing it somewhere safe (like inside a notebook).
- Now that both devices have been updated with an identical Wi-Fi network name and password, they’ll be able to connect easily without any issues!
Solution For Extender Stopped Working
The first thing is to make sure that the extender is within range of your router. The best way to do this is by checking out its manual—if there’s any mention of maximum operating distance from the router. It may be time for an upgrade if yours falls short. If not, then reset your device. Then try connecting to the extender after resetting it.
Check – Are you using the same network?
If you have a dual-band router, it’s possible that your extender is broadcasting on a different frequency than the one your devices are using. In case, you’re using two different WiFi networks on the same device (for example, if you have an extender and then connect to the main network), try disabling one of them. You may need to reset the extender or restart it. The instructions for doing this will vary depending on which model of wireless router and extender you’re using; consult their respective manuals for specific directions.
We hope that you found the information here helpful. The Wavlink extender setup is very easy and quick. However, if your Wavlink WiFi extender isn’t working, it is important to troubleshoot the issue as soon as possible. There are many different things you can do, so don’t hesitate to experiment with some of these solutions before calling customer service or returning your product.