Candy is a much-appreciated gift item on casual occasions and also on important events like birthdays, passing outs or parties. There are many different flavors, colors, shapes, designs and forms of candy that are used as gifting products when packaged in beautiful packaging boxes embellished to suit the requirements of the event or occasions these are to be gifted on. Candy is usually soft and must be provided boxes that can keep it safe under certain situations as well.
Custom Candy Boxes are available easily in wholesale quantities from high quality suppliers but when you need a small number of them, you have to come up with innovative ideas yourself and use creative materials and techniques to create your own candy boxes. When you are gifting candy on certain occasions, the boxes or their embellishments should alter accordingly with wrapping papers in occasion appropriate designs or things like ornaments. We have an easy basic guide to create your own candy boxes, follow it to make your loved ones happy with your candy gift presentation:
What You’ll Need?
There are many different materials available that you can use for your candy boxes, we are going to focus on cardboard because it is readily available and is one of the most protective and compact materials at the same time. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A plain cardboard box in suitable size to the candy you are going to package in it.
- Wrapping paper in occasion appropriate designs such as Christmas, Halloween or birthdays.
- Beautiful and colorful ribbons.
- Pair of scissors, light adhesives or paper or clear tape.
- Other optional embellishments like greeting cards, stickers, labels or glitter markers for writing personal messages on the finished boxes.
Step by Step Process
- Start with the cardboard box and place all your gifting candies in it without overfilling it too much. Make sure the candy is placed in the box in a colorful way for a charming unboxing for the gift receivers.
- Make sure to close the box properly by putting some clear or paper tape on its lid ensuring that it will not open up after the packaging o the box is complete.
- Layout your wrapping paper on a flat surface and work with the pair of scissors to get it in the required size. Make sure to have the paper in a size that can wrap around the box in its full length at least twice and also spare about 4 to 5 inches on each side in width.
- Work on the sides of the paper and create a charming edgy design on each side to make the whole box look like a large candy wrapped in a paper itself.
- Place the cardboard box filled with candy in the middle of the wrapping paper and get a rough idea of your work by wrapping the paper around the box.
- If everything looks good and you have cut the paper in correct sizes, paste small amounts of your adhesives on the sides and edges of the box or use clear tape on it, depending on what kind of finish you want.
- Close out the wrapping paper and get your ribbons cut in about 9 to 10 inches lengths in two pieces and wrap these around each side of the box where you spared a bit of wrapping paper.
- Tie the ribbons in a good looking knot presenting it in a gift candy shape and place any optional embellishments that you might have picked up for your box like greeting cards, ornaments and write any personal messages with sparkling markers.
You candy box will look like a large candy wrapped in beautiful designs. And anyone you present it to will appreciate the work you have done.